"I have probably surveyed a tornado in pretty much every month."
Those are the words of Chris Darden. He's the Meteorologist-in-Charge at the National Weather Service in Birmingham. He shares details on some of the craziest weather he's seen in the state of Alabama, as well as, a look at how he ended up here in the first place.
Hear new episodes of Behind the Front each Wednesday. Keep up with the show here.
You can also subscribe and download the show on some of your favorite podcast streaming apps.
And if you have any questions or topics you'd like to hear discussed on the show, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you're enjoying the show, be sure to rate/review the podcast on your favorite podcast streaming app.
- Ep. 1 - Storm Anxiety
- Ep. 2 - False Alarms
- Ep. 3 - Forecasting Fears
- Ep. 4 - April 27th Tornadoes
- Ep. 5 - Warning Sirens
- Ep. 6 - Tornado Paths & Storm Chasing
- Ep. 7 - Women in STEM
- Ep. 8 - Alabama Meteorologists
- Ep. 9 - Air Quality
- Ep. 10 - Hurricane Hunter Pilot
- Ep. 11 - Predicting Hurricanes
- Ep. 12 - The Ballad of Wes Wyatt