Creations Galore & More: Mini Chocolate Chip Cookie Cakes
Good Day Cooking
Published: Jun. 6, 2023 at 9:48 AM CDT
Mini Chocolate Chip Cookie Cakes
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick) softened to room temperature (do no melt)
- 6 Tbs light brown sugar packed
- 6 Tbs granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup + 6 tbs all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp + 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 6 tbs quick-cooking 1-minute oats
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate baking chips
- Spray tins with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar, and white sugar.
- Mix in salt, eggs, vanilla, and lemon juice until creamy. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and oats.
- Gradually add dry ingredients into wet ingredients until a dough has formed.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Using an ice cream scoop (1/4 cup worth), scoop out the dough and place into the prepared tins.
- Flatten dough slightly and shape into tin.
- Freeze for about 1 hour or until dough is frozen.
- Preheat overn to 325°.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. The center of the cookie will appear slightly underdone when removed from the oven but will continue cooking as they cool.
- Once cooled, decorate with an icing of your choice OR story in an airtight container.
- Feel free to change up the ratio of chocolate or to cut back if you don't like a really chocolatey cookie.
- Be care NOT to overcook. The center of these cookies should be slightly underbaked when they come out of the oven.
Copyright 2023 WBRC. All rights reserved.