Vecchia Pizzeria: Bruschetta and Herb Crostini
Good Day Cooking
Published: May. 17, 2023 at 9:43 AM CDT
Bruschetta and Herb Crostini
- 6 Roma tomatoes, 1 1/2 lbs, diced
- 1/3 cup basil leaves, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, divided
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- balsamic glaze (optional)
- Core and dice tomatoes (or use a food chopper).
- Drain any excess juice and transfer tomatoes to a medium bowl.
- Stack basil leaves and roll them into a tube.
- Using a sharp knife, thinly slice the basil into ribbons and transfer to the bowl with tomatoes.
- Finely mince 5 garlic cloves. Mix 1 tsp of minced garlic into 3 Tbsp olive oil and set aside.
- Add remaining minced garlic to the mixing bowl with tomatoes. Season tomatoes with 2 Tbsp olive oil, 1 Tbsp balsamic, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper.
- Stir gently to combine and set aside to marinate for 15-30 minutes.
- Serve with bruschetta toasts and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil or balsamic glaze.
- 1 ciabatta bread loaf
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400˚F with a rack in the center of the oven.
- Place toasts on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Cut toasts into 1/2” thick slices.
- Arrange toasts on the prepared baking sheet and brush the garlic infused olive oil on both sides of toasts.
- Sprinkle tops with parmesan cheese and bake at 400˚F for 5 minutes then broil on high heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
Copyright 2023 WBRC. All rights reserved.