Caramel Apple Pie Danish
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WBRC) - Creations Galore and Moore with a delicious recipe for a Caramel Apple Pie Danish topped with ice cream.
1/2c Brown Sugar
1/4t Allspice blend
7 Fresh cut apples
5 tablespoons of cornstarch
1-2 tsp Vanilla extract
2 boxes Puff pastry
Cream Cheese Glaze
· Preheat oven to 325 degrees
· In a medium sauce pan or pot, melt butter and add sugar.
· Cook on medium heat until caramelized (be careful not to burn).
· Add seasonings and 4 Tbs of cornstarch
· Add apples
· Stir until any sugar bits are no longer visible.
· Strain apples and place in a separate bowl
· Add 1 Tbs cornstarch
· Reduce the sauce until it begins to thicken
· Add apples back into the sauce.
· Add Vanilla extract
· Remove from heat and allow temperature to come down while filling thickens.
· Lay out 1 puff pastry sheet
· Cut into 4 squares
· Take 2 squares and cut a circle in the center.
· Use egg wash around edges of the puff pastry square
· place the sheet with the circle on top
· Add apple filling in the center
· Use a fork to crimp the edges
· Egg wash the top of the puff pastry (not the apple filling).
· Sprinkle raw sugar
· Place in oven at 325 degrees and bake for 30 minutes until puff pastry is golden brown.
· Place more apple topping if you’d like.
· Top with a scoop of ice-cream and garnish with cream cheese and caramel.
Get news alerts in the Apple App Store and Google Play Store or subscribe to our email newsletter here.
Copyright 2022 WBRC. All rights reserved.