Chef Ron: Blackened Catfish
4 Catfish, 5 to 7 ounces each, with skin on
· 1 1/2 tablespoons smoked paprika
· 1 tablespoon garlic powder
· 1 tablespoon ground dried thyme
· 1 teaspoon cumin
· 1 teaspoon dried oregano
· 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
· 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Prepare your blackened seasoning: combine and mix evenly all the ingredients including paprika, garlic powder, ground thyme, oregano, cayenne pepper, and black pepper.
2. Pat seasoning mixture onto the flesh side of each piece of the catfish.
3. In a large skillet, heat about 1 tablespoon of cooking oil over medium heat.
4. Place salmon, flesh-side down, in the hot oil. Cook for 2-3 minutes, and then flip salmon with a spatula. Cook for about 5-6 more minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
5. Serve with your favorite side.
Optional for serving: lemon wedges and fresh chopped herbs such as thyme, oregano, or parsley
Subscribe to our WBRC newsletter and receive the latest local news and weather straight to your email.
Copyright 2022 WBRC. All rights reserved.