Anniston PD: Woman shot, killed at night club by security

Pure night club.
Pure night club.(Source: Bria Chatman/WBRC)
Published: Jan. 17, 2022 at 10:16 AM CST|Updated: Jan. 18, 2022 at 8:50 AM CST
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

ANNISTON, Ala. (WBRC) - Police responded to a shooting in the 1800 block of South Quintard Avenue on Sunday around 3 a.m.

Anniston Police say the shooting was between night club security and 36-year-old Tiffany Aaron. When police arrived on scene, they found Aaron lying on the ground inside the business.

Tiffany Aaron, 36.
Tiffany Aaron, 36.(Source: Brittany Ware)

Aaron was transported by ambulance to NEARMC Hospital, where she later died, according to police.

Aaron was a wife and mother of two, and her family wants answers about what happened.

Anniston Police say they responded to the shooting at the club around 3 a.m. They say there was an exchange of gunfire between Aaron and nightclub security, but her sister and best friend say that’s hard to believe. They describe Aaron as one of the kindest people you would meet.

The family is waiting to see the footage from the nightclub. They’re remembering Aaron as someone who’d do anything for anybody. Her younger sister says she would talk to her everyday. They’d recently started working at the same place.

“She would call me every morning and say, ’Sis you up?’” says Wilinikita Montgomery. “I don’t know how I’m going to get through this. My sister was everything. She would do anything for anybody. It wasn’t nothing she wouldn’t do. She was a good friend. She just loved you so much, and you were going to know it.”

Brittany Ware says she’s known the sisters her entire life. Her mom taught Aaron in the third grade, and she was a member of her mom’s dance team. She said they’d always check on each other. When they talked, they’d stay on the phone for hours. Ware says she was one of the best friends anyone could ask for.

“She left empty,” says Ware. “She poured out so much love. So much support - she was a selfless person.”

Anniston Police Chief Nick Bowles says this is an ongoing investigation. So far no arrests have been made.

The family expects to view the nightclub footage before the end of the week.


Copyright 2022 WBRC. All rights reserved.