Auburn football stadium getting wireless network upgrade
AUBURN, Ala. (AP) - Auburn University’s football stadium will get an upgrade to its wireless network estimated to cost $10 million.
The Opelika-Auburn News reports that trustees approved a plan to update the Wi-Fi system at the more than 87,000-seat Jordan-Hare Stadium during a meeting Friday.
Facilities management vice president Dan King says the system is heavily utilized on game day and called it an “essential amenity” that was last updated a decade ago.
Funding for the project will be split, with Auburn’s athletics department paying 60% of the cost and the cellular carrier, Verizon, picking up the remaining 40%.
Copyright 2021 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.