TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (WBRC) - University of Alabama quarterback Mac Jones won the 2020 Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award.
Jones joins AJ McCarron (2013) and Jay Barker (1994) as the only Alabama players to capture the award.
Mac Jones’s stats:
- One of college football’s top passers, Jones sports an NCAA-leading completion percentage (77.0), 203.3 passer rating and 95.8 QBR
- Totaled 4,036 passing yards to rank second in Division I while averaging 336.8 passing yards per game, good for fourth nationally
- Recorded four of the Crimson Tide’s 10 400-plus yards passing performances in program history, the most by any one quarterback at UA
- Selected First Team All-American by the Associated Press, ESPN.com, Pro Football Focus, The Sporting News and USA Today
- Also a finalist for the Heisman Trophy, Davey O’Brien, Manning, Maxwell and Walter Camp Player of the Year
This year’s presentation to honor Jones’ achievements will be pre-recorded and released on Thursday, Jan. 7 on the Golden Arm Award social channels and shared by the University of Alabama.