BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WBRC) - Police will be closing streets near Legion Field after the UAB football game on Saturday.
Authorities are closing the streets in preparation for the Magic City Classic. The Birmingham Police announced the following streets will be closed after the UAB game:
- 1st Street West at Graymont Avenue
- 1st Street West at 8th Avenue North
- Center Street at 6th Avenue North
- 100 block of 6th Avenue West Alley
Police warn that any vehicles left parked on those streets will be towed.
Tailgating lots will open for the Magic City Classic at 8 a.m. on Monday.
So what do you do if you live in the perimeter?
The City of Birmingham says folks in the area have until Friday at 5 p.m. to pick up a residential pass for access to the perimeter.
A limited number of residential passes are available through Park and Recreation offices in the lobby of Legion Field, 400 Graymont Avenue W.
Hours of distribution for residential passes will be:
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Tuesday and Thursday: 8 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
The gameday perimeter will close Saturday at 9 a.m. for the Magic City Classic. The perimeter is:
- North: I-59/20
- South: 3rd Avenue West
- East: Center Street
- West: Arkadelphia Road
Only persons who live within the perimeter will be issued residential passes.
Passes will be issued by address.
A maximum of two passes per address will be issued to those with a valid ID.
To verify you must show:
- A valid driver’s license or a lease or a rental agreement AND a current utility bill with your name and address inside the perimeter.
Tax notices will not be accepted for address verification purposes.