(WBRC) - Summer Vegetable Risotto
1 cup Arborio rice
4 cups turmeric ginger flavored kettle and fire bone broth
1⁄2 cup Tarragon White Wine Vinegar
2 tablespoon avocado oil (can use olive oil as substitute)
1 yellow onion
5 rainbow carrots ( orange only if needed)
1 bag frozen peas
1 medium-sized yellow squash
One box of washed spinach
Avocado and green onion for garnish
1. Dice carrots and sauté them in a small amount of oil until tender. Drain and set aside.
2. In a large sauce pan, heat oil and sauté onions with pepper and a little salt. When translucent, add summer squash and sauté for a total of 10 min, stirring frequently over medium heat. While the veggies are cooking, bring the bond broth to a boil in a separate pot. Once it boils, turn off the heat, but keep it on the burner.
3. After 10 minutes of sautéing, add in the rice and allow to cook for about 4 minutes, stirring to prevent any browning.
4. Pour in the wine and stir. Once most of the liquid has cooked out, begin adding the broth. I ladle mine in about 1⁄2 c at a time. The rice should be simmering rapidly but not sticking to the bottom of the pan, so stir every minute or so. Each addition of broth comes when the previous batch has nearly cooked out of the risotto. A thick starchy rice will form. The entire process takes about 20-30 min, so be patient. Before the last addition of broth, stir in the steamed veggies.
5. When the risotto is nearly ready, steam spinach in separate pan.
6. Season with more salt and pepper if needed. Put spinach at the bottom of the bowl and top with risotto. Then add avocado and green onion to taste! Enjoy!!