• 1 bell pepper, sliced
• 1 white onion, sliced
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 4 slices Italian bread, sliced 1/2-inch thick
• 4 slices provolone cheese
• 2 pre-cooked Italian sausages, sliced 1/2-inch thick
• Olive oil for brushing
1. Preheat a panini press. In a small sauté pan over medium-high heat, add the olive oil, onions and bell pepper and cook until the bell pepper is soft.
2. Assemble the panini by laying two pieces of bread on a work surface. Lightly brush the bread with olive oil. Lay 2 pieces of cheese on one piece of bread, followed by half each of the sausage slices, bell peppers. Top with the remaining piece of bread and place the sandwich in the panini press.
3. Cook until the bread is golden and cheese is melted, about 3 to 5 minutes. Repeat with the remaining bread and ingredients. Serve warm.