HOOVER, AL (WBRC) - Hoover police say they are investigating after someone stole and attempted to steal lawn equipment.
The incidents happened Wednesday in the Russet Woods neighborhood.
Police say it’s a good reminder not leave equipment unattended.
“It’s just that overall awareness. And just if you were to look around your house right now, what looks good to a criminal? If you have nothing laying around, then they’ll move on to the next house and next neighborhood,” said Hoover police officer Brian Hale.
Tips from Hoover Police:
- try to confront suspicious persons - ever
- put yourself in harm’s way by “trying to get a tag number” or attempting to take video/photo of suspicious activity or persons
- leave lawn equipment laying around your property
- call police immediately if you see something/someone that is suspicious
- give dispatch a good location, vehicle description and direction of travel
- write down makes/models/serial numbers for equipment
- pay attention to your equipment, even if you are home and actually doing work in the yard!
- pay attention to unknown vehicles driving slowly/unnaturally through the neighborhood possibly scouting things out