Urgent clinics will x-ray Halloween candy
BIRMINGHAM, AL (WBRC) - Parents want their children to be safe on Halloween and that goes for what they eat and collect on Halloween night.
Most urgent care clinics will x-ray your child’s candy or toys they collect for free to make sure it’s free of needles, razor blades, or any other harmful things. American Family Care says they’ve never found anything in the past, but offer the service just in case.
“The service we provide by x-raying candy is simply to provide parents peace of mind,” says Bill Koleszar with American Family Care.
Several clinics in Birmingham and Tuscaloosa are open until 8:00 p.m. They include these locations:
- 120 Colonial Promenade Parkway in Alabaster
- 3000 Cahaba Village Plaza, Suite 110 at Cahaba Village
- 72 Highway 304 in Calera
- 919 Odum Road in Gardendale
- 2757 Greensprings Hwy in Homewood
- 710 15th Street East in Tuscaloosa
- 30 Holmes Drive in Oxford
- 5892 Trussville Crossing Pkwy in Trussville
Officials say you can also bring in the candy first thing Thursday morning.
Copyright 2018 WBRC. All rights reserved.