BIRMINGHAM, AL (WBRC) - Birmingham Fire and Rescue Service evacuated the Phoenix Building Lofts early Saturday morning due to a fire.
The Phoenix building is located on 2nd Avenue in downtown Birmingham.
Residents say there was a grease fire and an entire wall is gone in one of the units on the third floor.
One person was transported to the hospital with non life-threatening injuries.
Authorities say the sprinkler system activated and put out the fire before firefighters arrived.
Roads were closed in a one-block radius.
Authorities continue to investigate.