BIRMINGHAM, AL (WBRC) - The Birmingham City Council approved a $436 million operating budget on Tuesday for the 2018/19 fiscal year.
Mayor Randall Woodfin says the approved budget reflects his number one priority: neighborhood revitalization.
According to the mayor's office, highlights of the budget include:
• 1% Cost of Living Adjustment for all city employees
• Longevity pay for city employees
• Neighborhood Association allocations ($2,000 per Neighborhood Association)
• Weed Abatement - $1.2 million
• Demolition - $2 million
• Community Development Block Grant - $8.3 million
• Transit - $10 million
• Birmingham City Schools - $3 million