FIRST ALERT: Widespread rainfall expected this weekend - WBRC FOX6 News - Birmingham, AL

FIRST ALERT: Widespread rainfall expected this weekend

Source: J-P Dice/WBRC Source: J-P Dice/WBRC

The forecast is looking a bit soggy for Saturday and Sunday. Some of the rain could begin as early as Friday night. This is a wet system and could bring several inches of rainfall to our region.

In the meantime, we'll see mostly clear skies this evening with overnight lows around 35 degrees. Clouds will be on the increase Friday with highs in the lower 60s. Expect rain chances around 20 percent. The forecast looks wet on Friday evening with rain chances climbing to around 80 percent.

FIRST ALERT: The forecast will remain soggy for Saturday and Sunday. We can expect temperatures in the upper 50s and lower 60s with widespread rain both days. If you have plans for the Mercedes Marathon, make sure you have the rain gear handy. No severe weather is forecast.

As for next week, the forecast looks mostly dry on Monday. Rain chances will be around 20 percent during the afternoon. We'll see some spotty showers on Tuesday with a better chance for rain on Valentine's Day.

Copyright 2018 WBRC. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly