BIRMINGHAM, AL (WBRC) - Flo's Filet & Citrus Grilled Lobster Tail
Inspired by LongHorn Steakhouse's menu
LongHorn Steakhouse's legendary 6 oz. center-cut filet paired with choice of a grilled cold-water lobster tail, served with citrus butter.
• 4 6 oz. filets
• 1 tablespoon kosher salt
• 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
• 1 tablespoon granulated onion powder
• 1 tablespoon granulated garlic powder
• 4 lobster tails
• 1 cup of butter, melted
• 1 half lemon
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• Clean and oil your grill grates with cooking spray, close the grill lid and heat to 550 degrees F.
• To season the steaks, combine kosher salt, fresh cracked pepper, granulated onion powder and granulated garlic powder.
• Boldly season the steaks by sprinkling and rubbing the seasoning on both sides of the meat, making sure it's fully coated.
• Grill the steaks on each side for approximately 3-4 minutes, or until desired internal temperature is reached.
• Meanwhile, prepare the lobster tails by cutting them down the center to create two even halves.
• Loosen the meat from the shell at the open end. Carefully pull the meat away from the shell, keeping the last half-inch attached at the tail of the shell.
• Gently rinse the meat, and remove the vein and any pieces of shell.
• Season lobster tails lightly with salt and pepper.
• Place lobster tail on the grill and cover the top with a small piece of foil. Cook for 4-5 minutes.
• In a small bowl, mix melted butter with garlic and lemon juice.
• Serve lobster tail alongside grilled filet. Place grilled half lemon on top of the filet. Drizzle with the melted citrus butter.
Recipe serves four.