• 12 large fried flour tortilla chips - 1 large burrito size flour tortilla quartered and fried
• 1 15oz can seasoned black beans
• 1 Tablespoon of Margarine
• ¼ cup of small diced yellow onion
• ¼ cup of small diced green pepper
• One link or 4 ounces of diced chorizo - dried, not fresh
• ½ cup of shredded cheddar
• ½ cup of shredded Monterey Jack
• ¼ cup of salsa, your favorite brand
• ¼ cup of sour cream
• ¼ cup of fried or pickled Jalapeños
• Tablespoon of sliced green onion for garnish
• 4 eggs cook to preference
Recipe for Black Beans:
1. Heat ½ tablespoon of margarine in a sauce pan, and sauté onion till soft and starting to color, add green pepper and cook for 4-5 minutes stirring often.
2. Add the chorizo and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
3. Add the black beans and cook for an additional 10 minutes for beans to thicken and soften.
1. Line the chips flat with tips out and large part of the chip toward the center of oven proof plate or a casserole dish.
2. Using a slotted spoon, cover the large part of the chips with the bean mixture leaving at least ½ of the chip - tip part - exposed.
3. Top all the chips and bean mixture with a mix of both cheeses.
4. Melt cheese on the chips in a broiler. While cheese melts, cook eggs how you like them in a non-stick pan with ½ tablespoon of margarine.
5. Top the chips, beans and cheese with the eggs, then salsa, a good size spoonful of sour cream, green onions and Jalapeno's.
To fry the Jalapeno's: Drain pickled Jalapeno's and toss in all-purpose flour let sit for one minute then knock off excess and fry in 350-degree oil for 5-6 minutes.