1. Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by WBRC, LLC P.O. 6 Birmingham, AL 35201, Window World 135 W Valley Ave, Homewood, AL 35209. Autumn Air 1945 McCain Pkwy, Pelham, AL 35124, Dreamland Bar-B-Que 19 W Oxmoor Rd, Birmingham, AL 35209, Liechty CDJR 5080 Academy Ln, Bessemer, AL 35022, Hill's Carpet and Flooring 3458 Warrior River Rd, Bessemer, AL 35023, The promotion begins at 12:00am Wednesday October 11, 2017. Entries must be received by 11:59pm Friday November 3, 2017. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You are providing your information to FOX6 WBRC and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for contacting winners and for directional demographic research. There’s no purchase necessary to win.
2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents of the following counties in the station’s viewing area: Bibb, Blount, Calhoun, Cherokee, Chilton, Clay, Coosa, Cullman, Etowah, Fayette, Greene, Hale, Jefferson, Marion, Marshall, Pickens, St. Clair, Shelby, Talladega, Tuscaloosa, Walker and Winston, who are 19 years of age or older at the time of entry and have or are currently serving in the United States Armed Forces. Employees and immediate family members of employees of Raycom Media, Inc., WBRC, LLC, Window World, Autumn Air, Dreamland. Liechty CDJR, Hill's Carpet and Flooring the other Sponsor(s), and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion. Only one entry per individual / household / e-mail address will be accepted, and multiple entries will be disqualified.
3. How to Enter. There are one (1) ways to enter this promotion. Beginning on Wednesday October 11, 2017 at 12:00am individuals can visit the WBRC FOX6 News Facebook Page and follow the link provided on the Operation Room Retreat post and complete the entry form. Each entrant/nominator must include a photograph of the room to be considered and a short statement describing why entrant/nominee needs or deserves a room makeover. Eligible entries must be received by 11:59pm Friday November 3, 2017. All entries become the property of Sponsor(s), and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to use any information submitted by entrants. Entries must be filled out completely and legibly in order to qualify, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theft or fraud. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor(s)), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction. For online entries, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An “authorized account holder” shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry.
Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor(s)), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction.
By entering this promotion, entrant agrees that WBRC-TV and the other Sponsor(s) of this promotion may provide entrant with promotional materials and that WBRC-TV may release entrant’s personally identifiable registration information to the other Sponsor(s) for that purpose. WBRC-TV is not responsible for the use of entrant’s personally identifiable information by the other Sponsor(s).
4. Ownership and Publicity Rights. By submitting an entry in any form, entrant represents and warrants that he/she owns the copyrights and moral rights to any and all artistic or commercial works contained in his/her entry, including any images, logos, music, videos, and/or literary or written content (even if such works are in the background). In exchange for the opportunity to participate in this promotion, entrant grants Sponsor(s) the perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide, and irrevocable right, but not the obligation, to use, edit, alter, copy, reproduce, disclose, display, publish, prepare derivative works from, perform, distribute, exhibit, broadcast, stream, embed, or otherwise exploit the entry, in whole or in part, whether in connection with the promotion or not, in any form, media or technology, now known or hereafter developed, including, without limitation, broadcast and cable television, radio, mobile transmission and the Internet, for any purpose whatsoever, including, but not limited to, advertising, promotion, entertainment and commercial purposes, without any payment to, or further authorization by, the entrant. Entrant represents and warrants that he/she has the right to grant all of the rights in this paragraph to the Sponsor(s), and that he/she has secured all third party rights, including but not limited to copyrights, trademark, and privacy rights contained within his/her entry. Entrant represents and warrants that the entry is original and that all factual statements contained in it are true and correct and not exaggerated. If at any time Sponsor(s) receive a request to remove any entry from Sponsor(s) broadcast, website, blog, twitter account, message board, podcast, social media profile, mobile application, or other media claiming entrant’s failure to secure or possess any of the rights contained herein, Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to remove the submission and eliminate entrant from further consideration in this promotion. If any entry: (1) contains material that is violent, pornographic, obscene, illegal, inappropriate, defamatory, or racially or morally offensive; (2) does not comply with these rules; or (3) does not meet Sponsor(s) standards for any reason whatsoever, Sponsor(s) reserve the right to reject the entry as ineligible for submission. Please see our website’s Terms of Service for terms and conditions on content submissions.
6. Prize(s). One (1) prize will be awarded. Winner will receive a room makeover consisting of paint, carpet, tile, furniture, and interior decorative items. Work requiring a General Contractor, Plumbing, Electrical or HVAC license will not be provided. These types of repairs include Roofing, Electrical, Water Damage, Mold Remediation, HVAC, Plumbing, Foundation or Structural. Approximate retail value is up to $5000.00, depending on need.
No prize may be exchanged for cash, transferred, or assigned by the winner(s). Sponsor(s) reserve the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
7. How the Prize is Awarded. Winner will be selected from qualified entrants by WBRC management based on need and most deserving. All decisions are at the sole discretion of WBRC management and are final. Winner will be notified phone number provided on the entry form.
8. Odds of Winning. Odds of being a prize winner depends on the number of entries received.
9. Prize Limitations: Only one (1) winner per household. Individuals are eligible to win only one (1) prize from WBRC-sponsored competitions within any 30-day period, regardless of the number of giveaways entered. Makeover will take place November 11 and 12, 2017.
10. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Driver’s license or other appropriate picture state issued identification is required to claim a prize. The winner(s) will be required to execute a release and affidavit of eligibility at the station located at 1720 Valley View Drive Birmingham, AL 35209 on normal business days between 8:30am – 4:00pm by Wednesday November 8, 2017 or the prize will be forfeited. In the event winner does not execute a release and affidavit of eligibility by deadline an alternate will be selected by random drawing. Alternate will be notified on Wednesday November 8, 2017. Alternate will be required to execute a release and affidavit of eligibility at the station located at 1720 Valley View Drive, Birmingham, AL 35209 on normal business days between 8:30am – 4:00pm by Friday November 10, 2017 or the prize will be forfeited and a winner will not be declared.
Winner must provide proof of legal residency and have legal right to make any changes to property requested. No work will be done for any property or land not owned by winner without written permission from property and/or land owner. Property and/or land is subject to approval by local Sponsors providing improvement and specifications that may be required in order to meet all applicable local building codes and allow for work to be completed. If winner does not meet eligibility requirements and is therefore ineligible, then Sponsors reserve the right to select another winner at random. Sponsors takes no responsibility for the condition of the Prize provided by Businesses. Winner must sign a hold harmless agreement for Sponsors and Participating Entities; and sign release agreement for any Businesses.
Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. WBRC-TV will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one-year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) will receive a Form 1099 from WBRC-TV if WBRC-TV reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service.
Each winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each winner acknowledges that WBRC-TV, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner’s name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
11. Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor(s), its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury or death resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused. By entering you completely release Facebook from any and all responsibility.
12. Sponsor’s Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by WBRC-TV. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by WBRC-TV are final and binding. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor’s/Sponsors’ web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion).
13. List of Winners. For a list of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to P.O. Box 6, Birmingham, AL between November 13, 2017 through December 15, 2017.