Here's what you saw on Good Day Alabama:
JEH JEH LIVE - Jeh Jeh joined us live from the Shades Valley YMCA with Mickal Thomas. For more information, call 205-870-9622.
VET SPECIALIST - Dr. Robert Gaddis and Dr. Jerome Williams joined us to discuss your pets' dental health and why it is so important to clean their death. Seventy to eighty percent of dogs and cats over three years of age have enough plaque and calculus buildup on the teeth to justify professional cleaning. Dental disease causes not only gum disease and loss of teeth but also potentially liver, kidney and heart disease. Dental disease is the most common disease of pets. Since dental disease so adversely affects the health of cats and dogs, February is recognized as Pet Dental Health Month. Your pet may have a dental disease if you notice: odor/doggy breath, brown staining of teeth, redness or bleeding at gum line/gingivitis, chews with difficulty, or excessive drooling. Dental services provided to treat such symptoms might include dental x-rays, basic dental cleaning and periodontal therapies. Other dental services offered are oral surgery, endodontic, restorative and orthodontic therapies. You can find Dr. Gaddis at 205-988-8654 or at www.indianspringsanimalclinic.com. You can find Dr. Williams at Red Mountain Animal Clinic at 205-326-8080 or http://redmountainanimalclinic.com/.
BBB - VALENTINE'S DAY FLOWERS - With Valentine's Day around the corner, the demand for flowers has gone through the roof. If you plan on looking for the perfect bouquet for your significant other online, Better Business Bureau offers some advice before purchasing. Florists receive thousands of inquiries this time of year and BBB continues to receive complaints related to consumers receiving wilted flowers, being charged hidden fees, or never receiving their flowers at all. BBB recommends consumers consider the following tips before buying flowers online:
1. Check out the business. Go to bbb.org and check the company's Business Review to see their complaint history, BBB grade, and to see if they are an Accredited Business.
2. Know what you're buying. The images of arrangements online can be deceiving. Be sure to get a true picture of what you or your recipient will be getting. Online florists have a tendency of taking photos to make bouquets seem fuller than they really are.
3. Know who you're buying from. Sometimes, national flower companies will create aliases in their advertisements to make it seem like they are your neighborhood florist. Look at the website or give them a call to find out where the business is really located.
4. Look for hidden costs. Be sure to review your order and verify the total before confirming your purchase. Some florists may add on shipping, handling or other costs associated with delivery without your knowledge.
5. Read the promotional fine print. Valentine's Day is a popular time for online promotions, but most of those promotions have terms and conditions. Make sure you check to verify you're getting the savings you signed up for.
6. Be in the know. When using a third party to deliver flowers, it's hard to tell when, and if, they received them. Be sure to sign up for confirmation emails so that you have proof the order was place. You will also be alerted when the order has been delivered. If available, ask for proof of delivery to make sure they made it to correct destination and recipient.
For more information, visit bbb.org.
MOMMY MINUTE - In today's Mommy Minute, Clare talked with Korliss Datcher. She is a local mom who is now part of the Disney Parks Moms Panel. She joined us with some great pointers for taking your family to a Disney park and sticking to your budget at the same time. As her top five tips, Kroliss suggests:
1. Avoid peak season
2. Take your own food
3. Book character breakfasts
4. Magical Express
5. Stay at a value resort
For more advice or to get answers to your questions, visit the Moms Panel's webpage - https://disneyparksmomspanel.disney.go.com/.
ASK THE GARDENER - Alabama Cooperative Extension Agent Sallie Lee took questions from viewers about their gardening needs. You can reach her at the Extension office with your questions at (205) 879-6964 ext 11.
Tomorrow on Good Day Alabama, can you lose weight and build muscle at the same time? We find out! Jeh Jeh brings us some special music!
Tony Nathan's story comes out on DVD! We talk with Tony and Caleb Castille, the Alabama native who played Tony in the film Woodlawn, about the film's success! What do you imagine Heaven to be? We talk with the author of the new book - Imagine Heaven - about his book and the inspiration behind it! Join us for this and much more tomorrow!