Louie's famous eggplant parmesan
4 medium to large eggplants
4 cups bread crumbs
1 cup parmesan cheese
1/2 cup of chopped parsley
1 tsp salt and pepper
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup fresh chopped basil
8 cloves fresh chopped garlic
2 tbls dried oregano
2 tbls evoo
1 cup vegetable oil
8 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
64 oz of marinara sauce - tomato sauce
1. Mix you bread crumbs, parsely, and parmesan cheese together in a bowl.
2. Beat eggs in a separate bowl and put your flour, salt & pepper in a separate bowl.
3. Wash and cut your eggplant in about 1/4 inch thick slices.
4. Coat each slice with flour then coat with your egg mixture and last coat each side with your bread crumb mixture.
5. Heat a large frying pan over medium to medium high heat, add you vegetable oil and fry each slice until golden brown. After frying set all your slices in a dish with paper towels to absorb some oil.
6. Us a 9x13" pan or Pyrex dish to assemble the eggplant
7. Put a thin layer of marinara sauce at the bottom of the pan. Layer the bottom with your fried eggplant. Then add a layer of sauce over the eggplant. Sprinkle over some fresh basil and garlic then add a layer of fresh mozzarella cheese. Keep repeating the layers till all your eggplant is finished.
8. After all the layers are complete top it off with the remaining fresh mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle your dried oregano over the cheese and drizzle the top with evoo.
9. Cover with tin foil - be sure to try not to let the tin foil rest on the layer of cheese - and bake at 375 for about 40 minutes. Remove the tin foil and bake an additional 10 minutes or so till the cheese browns on the top a little. Let cool for about 15 minutes then serve.