Fire Marshal: Extension cords caused fire that killed mother of - WBRC FOX6 News - Birmingham, AL

Fire Marshal: Extension cords caused fire that killed mother of three

All that is left of the Rabon's mobile home. Source: WBRC video All that is left of the Rabon's mobile home. Source: WBRC video
A family photo of Melissa Rabon and one o fher sons. Source: WBRC video A family photo of Melissa Rabon and one o fher sons. Source: WBRC video
MONTGOMERY, AL (WBRC) -

The Alabama State Fire Marshal's Office says the use of extension cords caused a fire that killed a mother of three in Hale County.

Melissa Rabon died in a mobile home fire on Monday, July 14 after making sure her three sons were safely out of the house.

No other information was available about the fire.

Northport Fire Rescue has been accepting donations for the boys and posted their clothing sizes on their Facebook page:

The Northport Fire Rescue service posted the following sizes for the boys on their Facebook page:

-2 year old (size 2-3T and 7.5 shoe)

-7 year old (size 8-10 and shoe 4)

-12 year old (size 12-14 and shoe 8)

Donations can be dropped off at Northport Fire Rescue: Station #4, 4900 Rose Blvd, Northport, AL 35475. It's near Tuscaloosa County High School.

A distant relative of Rabon's, who lives in Jefferson County, has also been accepting donations. Sonya Lewis can be reached at 205-370-1644.

The Hale County EMA has also set up a Melissa Rabon Fund at People's Bank of Greensboro and The Citizens Bank to help take care of her funeral expenses and her sons.

You can give toward the fund at the following bank locations:

People's Bank of Greensboro

1402 State Street

P.O. Drawer 520

Greensboro, AL 36744

The Citizens Bank

1300 State Street

P.O. Box 319

Greensboro, AL 36744

Powered by Frankly