Sherron Goldstein's fresh tomato quiche
Pre-baked pie shell for 13x9 pan
3 large tomatoes, seeded and slices 1/3"
1 yellow pepper roasted, cut in thin strips
1 ½ cups flat leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
12 eggs, beaten
1 cup fat free half & half
1 cup skim milk
1 tablespoon cavender's green seasoning
1 ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
4 tablespoons butter, melted
8 slices bacon or 2 cups cooked chicken – optional
1 ½ cups fresh basil, thinly slices, chiffonate
2 cups grated swiss cheese
2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Lay prepared pie crust in pan, trim edges to fit and prick bottom and sides of pastry, bake according to recipe directions. Cool.
2. Mix cheese together and sprinkle half evenly over bottom of pan.
3. Layer tomato slices, bell pepper strips and parsley evenly over top.
4. Combine eggs, half & half, milk, greek seasoning, pepper and melted butter in a large bowl and beat until mixed thoroughly.
5. Add meat if desired in a layer.
6. Pour egg mixture evenly over top.
7. Finish with a layer of fresh basil and layer of remaining cheese.
8. Bake in pre-heated 350 degree oven for 35 minutes.
9. Serve warm.