Jessica Cox of Emeals.com's Macaroni and Vegetable Bake
From the eMeals Kid-Friendly Meal Plan
1 lb elbow macaroni
3 tablespoons butter
31/2 tablespoons flour
21/2 cups 2% reduced-fat milk
2 cups chopped broccoli florets
1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1 (6-oz) container grated Parmesan cheese, divided
1 teaspoon alt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 pint grape tomatoes
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain, reserving 1 cup pasta water.
3. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat; whisk in flour, and cook 1 minute.
4. Gradually whisk in reserved pasta water and milk; cook, stirring constantly, 3 to 5 minutes or until thickened.
5. Stir in broccoli, both cheeses, salt and pepper until cheeses melt; add pasta and tomatoes.
6. Pour mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
7. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden.
GDA Cooking - June 2, 2014