Chef Chris Kenney of The Club's crawfish linguine with green garlic
· 1 pound domestic crawfish tailmeat
· 1 ounces of olive oil
· 6 ounces dices Tasso ham, (cooked pancetta, Andouille or smoked sausage would be a substitute)
· one bunch of asparagus cut into 2 inch pieces, blanched and shocked to chill
· ¼ cup sliced green garlic (substitute 1 tablespoon chopped garlic and 4 tablespoons of chopped scallions if needed)
· 3 cups of fresh oyster, sliced shiitake or button mushrooms
· ½ cup or 1 small red bell pepper ( finely diced)
· one pound of cooked linguine or fettuccine
· 4 ounces of dry sherry
· ½ to ¾ stick of diced butter
· juice of 1 lemon
· 2 tablespoons of fresh thyme
· salt and black pepper to taste
1. Prepare mis en place with above ingredients including cooking the pasta.
2. Heat a large sauté pan to medium heat and add olive oil, mushrooms, green garlic and thyme.
3. Sauté ingredients for about sixty seconds.
4. Add Tasso ham and asparagus.
5. Away from heat add sherry and place pan back on heat. (be mindful of flair ups from alcohol)
6. Add crawfish and begin shaking in lumps of butter to make sauce.
7. Add in drained pasta
8. Finish with lemon, salt and black pepper.