Salsa Senorita's Salsa Ranchero
- 6 slices bacon, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 4 medium tomatoes, finely diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, de-stemmed, de-seeded and finely diced
- ½ cup Salsa Senorita – any variety
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Serving suggestions: morning eggs, tamales, beans, potatoes, tortilla chips
In a skillet, cook the bacon until done but soft, not crisp. Add the tomatoes, peppers, onions, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to simmer, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
Remove from the heat and serve hot over your morning eggs (huevos rancheros), tamales, beans (frijoles) or potatoes (papas). Serve cold with tortilla chips.