George's Recipe for 9-4-2013
SALMON & SLAW SLIDERS
• 1/2 cup shredded cabbage
• 1/2 cup grated granny smith apple
• 1 green onion, chopped
• 1/4 cup of mayonnaise
• 1 tablespoon fat-free plain yogurt
• Salt & pepper, to taste
• 4-4 oz salmon fillets
• 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
• 4 slider buns
• In a small bowl, combine the cabbage, applel and onion. Combine 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, yogurt and 1/4 teaspoon seasoning blend; pour over cabbage mixture and toss to coat. Chill until serving.
• Spritz salmon with cooking spray; sprinkle with remaining seasoning blend.
• Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill fillets, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 10-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove and keep warm.
• Grill rolls, cut side down, over medium heat for 30-60 seconds or broil 4 in. from the heat until toasted. Spread with remaining mayonnaise; top each with a fillet and 1/4 cup coleslaw. Replace roll tops.