GDA Cooking - August 27, 2013
Orange & Blue Oyster Poppers with Blue Cheese Dipping Sauce
Specialty Equipment: Skillet and blender
12 oz Crystal hot sauce
4 tbs Honey
12 oz Clarified butter
36 Gulf oysters
2 cups Seasoned flour
1 cup Blue cheese dressing, for dipping (see below)
1. Mix Crystal hot sauce & honey in blender until combined. Heat butter to 140 degrees. Slowly add butter to hot sauce and honey mixture. Blend until combined.
2. Place skillet over medium high heat. Add enough cooking oil to the pan in order to pan fry the oysters. Drain excess liquid off oysters & dredge in seasoned flour. Fry oysters until golden brown & crispy. Remove from oil. Place on a paper towel to rid excess grease.
3. Toss oysters in sauce until coated.
4. Serve oyster with Blue Cheese dressing in your favorite oyster dish or on the half shell.
Blue Cheese Dressing
Specialty Equipment: Mixing bowl & a whisk
Servings: 3 cups
8 oz Blue cheese or Stilton
12 oz Mayonnaise
2 oz Sour cream
2 oz Buttermilk
1 oz Distilled white vinegar
1½ oz Salad oil
pinch Kosher salt
pinch Ground black pepper
4 sprigs Flat leaf parsley, washed & chopped
1. Combine all ingredients & serve