Attalla donut shop catches on fire - WBRC FOX6 News - Birmingham, AL

Attalla donut shop catches on fire

Flames shot out of the Fresh Donuts roof on Monday morning. (Photo: Dixon Hayes) Flames shot out of the Fresh Donuts roof on Monday morning. (Photo: Dixon Hayes)
Fire crews spray water down on the site of the flames. (Photo: Dixon Hayes) Fire crews spray water down on the site of the flames. (Photo: Dixon Hayes)
The blaze is under control, but crews are still dealing with heavy smoke. (Photo: Dixon Hayes) The blaze is under control, but crews are still dealing with heavy smoke. (Photo: Dixon Hayes)
ATTALLA, AL (WBRC) -

Firefighters in Attalla stayed busy on Monday morning when the Fresh Donuts on Third Street caught fire.

Fire Chief Robert Dillard says the fire broke out at 10:30 a.m. The building was fully involved by the time crews arrived and could be seen mostly in the ceiling above the restaurant's kitchen.

The fire is now under control, but some smoke can still be seen. Firefighters say the office was completely destroyed in the blaze.

An employee of the restaurant says there had been some electrical issues in the ceiling. She adds that the fire was not the result of cooking.

Copyright 2012 WBRC. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly