As Needed Canola Oil for Frying
4 Each Chicken Tenders, around 1 oz. wt. piece
As Needed All Purpose Flour
As Needed Corn Flakes Breading (Recipe Follows)
As Needed Milk-Egg Wash (Recipe Follows)
2 Each Flour Tortilla, 6-inch
½ Cup Mango-Jalapeno Slaw, drained (Recipe Follows)
2 Tablespoons Chipotle Aioli (Recipe Follows)
2 teaspoons Scallions, sliced
2 Each Bamboo Pick
1 Each Lime Wedge
1. Heat oil in a stock pot for frying.
2. Bread chicken tender pieces starting with the flour, then milk, then corn flakes breading, coat it evenly and shake off excess breading. Repeat for the 3 chicken tender pieces.
3. Once the oil is hot, drop chicken tender pieces and cook for 2 to 2 ½ minutes, or until done. Drain on a plate lined with paper towel.
4. Toast flour tortilla on both sides on a hot pan, until warm.
5. Place ½ cup of the drained mango-jalapeno slaw at the center of each flour tortilla from 12:00 to 6:00. Place TWO pieces of crispy chicken tenders on top of the slaw on each tortilla.
6. Drizzle of chipotle aioli on top of the crispy chicken tenders.
7. Garnish with 1 teaspoon of scallions on top of the crispy chicken tenders.
8. Place the 2 tacos side by side and stick a 7" bamboo skewer through the middle of the tacos to keep it together. Stick a fresh lime at the end of the bamboo skewer.
CORN FLAKES BREADING
½ Cup Almond, slivered
½ Cup Sesame seeds
3 Cups Cornflakes
¾ Cup Sugar, granulated
1 ½ Tablespoon Red Pepper Flakes
1 Tablespoon Kosher Salt
3 Each Eggs, beaten
1 Cup Milk
1. To make the breading, put almonds, sesame seeds, cornflakes, sugar, chili flakes and Kosher Salt into a food processor and pulse lightly, until combined and coarsely chopped.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs and milk.
1 Cup Mangoes, ¼ inch dice
½ Cup Sugar, granulated
1 Tablespoon White Wine Vinegar
2 teaspoons Garlic, minced
2 teaspoons Red Onion, minced
1 Each Jalapenos, seeded, minced
2 teaspoons Lime Juice
2 Tablespoons Cilantro, chopped
1 Cup Mayonnaise
1 teaspoon Garlic, minced
½ teaspoon Kosher Salt
¼ teaspoon Black Pepper, coarse grind
1. In a small sauce pot, combine mangos, sugar, vinegar, garlic, onions and jalapeno and simmer for 8 minutes. Immediately cool down.
2. In a mixing bowl, combined lime juice, cilantro, mayonnaise, garlic, Kosher salt and black pepper. Whisk until well combined.
3. Add cooled down mango mixture and mix well.
2 Cups Shredded Cabbage/Slaw mix
¾ Cup Mango-Jalapeno Dressing
1. In a small mixing bowl, place Asian slaw mix and the mango-jalapeno dressing.
2. Mix until well-combined
2 Tablespoons Chipotle puree in Adobo
2 teaspoons Lemon Juice
1 Each Garlic Clove
1 Tablespoon Shallots, minced
½ Cup Mayonnaise
1 ½ Tablespoon Dark Brown Sugar
1 teaspoon Rice Wine Vinegar
1/8 teaspoon Kosher Salt
In a food processor, combine all ingredients until smooth
Weekend Cooking - February 26, 2011