Oxford man burned in house fire - WBRC FOX6 News - Birmingham, AL

Oxford man burned in house fire

OXFORD, AL (WBRC) - A man was hurt Thursday from burns caused when gas fumes ignited in his house.

The fire happened Thursday afternoon on Northwood Drive in Oxford. Authorities said the man was working on his motorcycle when a pilot light from a water heater ignited gas fumes.

The fire burned the man, spread across the garage and across the attic before firefighters arrived. They did manage to keep the blaze from destroying the house.

The man was taken to UAB Hospital in Birmingham for treatment. His condition Thursday night was unknown.

Copyright 2011 WBRC. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly