Fire erupts in Homewood hotel

HOMEWOOD, AL (WBRC) – A fire at a Homewood hotel erupted on Wednesday morning, just ten days after the hotel dealt with a previous fire. Homewood firefighters responded to the Rodeway Inns and Suites on Oxmoor Road early Wednesday morning around 4:00 a.m.

Investigators say the fire began in the building's elevator shaft and spread to the 4th floor, filling the 1st, 2nd and 3rd floors with smoke.

This fire comes after the hotel suffered a fire ten days ago on January 16th. Investigators say the fires are not related, but both are under investigation.

Copyright 2011 WBRC. All rights reserved.