Sweet Bones Fried Banana Pudding
2/3 cup white sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 egg yolks,, beaten
2 cups milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons butter, softened
- In medium saucepan combine sugar, flour and salt.
- Add egg yolks and mix well.
- Stir in milk, and cook over low heat, stirring constantly.
- When mixture begins to thicken remove from heat and continue to stir, cooling slightly.
- Stir in vanilla and butter until smooth, let cool
Fried Banana Pudding
Two 12" flour tortillas
2 cups banana pudding
1 large ripe banana
16 vanilla wafers
Oil for frying
Mint sprigs for garnish
- Place flour tortillas flat on counter
- Place I cup banana pudding custard on tortilla and spread out about 6"
- Cut banana into ¼" slices and place ½ on each custard pile
- Line each side of custard pile with 4 vanilla wafers
- Fold sides in to cover custard pile and fold like a burrito
- Fry at 350 degrees 6-8 minutes until golden brown
GDA Cooking - January 6, 2011