VILLAGE TAVERN SPRING ROLLS
1/3 cup Sesame Oil
3 cups Scallions, Sliced ¼ inch
3 cups Carrots, julienne
1 Tablespoon Garlic, Minced
1 Gallon Napa Cabbage, Shredded ½"
1 ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt
2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
TO ROLL SPRING ROLLS (Per Roll)
2 Each Spring Roll Wrapper
As Needed Water
1/3 cup Napa Cabbage Mix
2 slices Roasted Chicken, sliced ¼ inch
As Needed Canola Oil for Frying
As Needed Soy Sauce
As Needed Sweet Chili Sauce
1. Preheat braising pot with sesame oil. Next added scallions and carrots. Sauté until tender.
2. Then add garlic, mix well to incorporate all ingredients.
3. Next add Napa Cabbage, kosher salt, and soy sauce. Mix very well. Cabbage should be wilted and full of flavor. All ingredients mixed well.
4. Once cool, drain off excess liquid. Reserve until use.
PROCEDURE FOR ROLLING SPRING ROLLS:
1. Place first Spring foil wrapper in front of you at diamond angle.
2. Brush edges with water. Place Napa Cabbage mix towards edge close to you. Place sliced chicken across mix lengthwise. Start to roll wrap tightly. As you approach the end, fold in edges tightly, so there are no holes.
3. Using second wrapper, brush edges with egg wash.
4. Repeat wrapping procedure.
5. Be sure Spring Roll is tight and there are no exposed edges.
FRYING SPRING ROLLS:
1. Place Spring Rolls into preheated oil in a pot (350 F)
2. Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown.
3. Remove Spring Rolls. Drain grease. Slice evenly on bias.