Serves 5 Prep time 15 minutes Cook Time 1 hour
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh ground beef
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (8-ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons Best Yet brand vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Best Yet brand Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons Best Yet brand Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup water, to thin sauce if necessary
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Mix together the beef, bread crumbs, onion, egg, salt, pepper, and 1/2 cup of the tomato sauce. Form this mixture into a loaf and place it in a shallow pan.
3. Stir together the remaining tomato sauce, vinegar, sugar, mustard, Worcestershire and the water (if too thick). Pour this sauce over the meatloaf. Bake for 1 hour, basting every 15 minutes with the pan juices.