2.5 lbs Ground Beef
¾ Cup Tomato Soup
1 Each Egg, Whole
¾ Cup Bread Crumbs
1 Tablespoon Garlic, chopped
¾ Cup Yellow Onions, diced ¼"
¼ Cup Green Peppers, diced ¼"
2 teaspoons Salt, Kosher
½ teaspoon Black Pepper, course ground
½ teaspoon Basil, whole, dry
¼ teaspoon Thyme, whole, dry
½ teaspoon Parsley, fresh, chopped
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
2. Combine all ingredients into mixing bowl.
3. Mix evenly and completely.
4. Line Meatloaf pans (Approx 10" X 4" X 4" Height) with parchment paper.
5. Transfer mix evenly into pans, cover each pan with plastic wrap then foil and bake at 350 degrees for 70 minutes. Please make sure that internal temperature of the meatloaf is at least 165 F.
6. Remove from oven, carefully drain hot fat and cool (at least 18 hours).
7. Cut into 1" slices.
8. Grill Meatloaf on both sides until hot. Serve with Cremini mushroom sauce (recipe follows), mashed potatoes and seasonal vegetables.
NOTE: Be careful when placing meat loaf in pan. Press meat loaf firmly into the corner of the pan.
CREMINI MUSHROOM SAUCE
Yield: Approx. 3 CUPS
2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1/3 Cup Shallots, sliced 1/8"
2 Cups Cremini Mushrooms, whole, diced ½"
1 Cup Madeira Wine
1 Cup Heavy Cream
½ Cup Demi-Glace (please see below)
Pinch White Pepper
1. Pre-heat saucepot with oil, add shallots and sauté until tender. Do not brown.
2. Add cremini mushrooms and sauté until tender.
3. Deglaze with Madeira Wine and reduce by half.
Add Heavy cream. Bring back to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Finish with demi-glace base. Add white pepper. Simmer to reduce for 15 minutes or until gravy consistency is achieved.