Cathy Borden from Southern Family Markets cooks Italian Style Cube Steak...
Serves 4 Prep time: 15 minutes cook time: 8-10 min
4 plum tomatoes chopped
1/2 cup diced red onion
1/2 teaspoon Best Yet salt, divided
1 egg plus 1 egg white
1/2 cup Best Yet plain dry breadcrumbs
1/2 cup grated Best Yet Parmesan cheese divided
2 tablespoons minced parsley (optional)
1 tablespoon dried basil
1 pound cube steak, cut into 4 portions
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
6 teaspoons Best Yet extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, plus lemon wedges for garnish
1. Combine tomatoes, onion and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a large bowl.
2. Whisk egg and egg white in a shallow dish.
3. Combine breadcrumbs, grated cheese and parsley (if using) in another shallow dish.
4. Season steak with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Dip each piece into the egg, allowing excess to drip off into the dish, then dip in the breadcrumb mixture and turn to coat.
5. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the steaks and cook until golden brown on the first side, about 3 minutes. Turn the steaks over, add 1 teaspoon oil and cook until the steaks are cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes more. Transfer to a plate; tent with foil to keep warm.
6. Add 1/4 cup shaved cheese to the tomato mixture. Add the remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, the remaining 3 teaspoons oil, dried basil and lemon juice; toss to combine. Serve the steaks on beds of the tomato salad. Garnish with lemon wedges.