TERIYAKI TUNA STEAK
* 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
* 3 tablespoons brown sugar
* 3 tablespoons olive oil
* 2 tablespoons white vinegar
* 2 tablespoons sherry or chicken broth
* 2 tablespoons unsweetened pineapple juice
* 2 garlic cloves, minced
* 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
* 4 tuna steaks (6 ounces each)
* In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Remove 1/3 cup to a small bowl for basting; cover and refrigerate. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add tuna. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for up to 1 hour.
* Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, dip a paper towel in cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill tuna, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-6 minutes on each side for medium-rare or until slightly pink in the center, basting frequently with reserved marinade. Yield: 4 servings.
Good Day Cooking - July 19, 2010