BBVA Compass Daniel Building closed due to 2-alarm fire - WBRC FOX6 News - Birmingham, AL

BBVA Compass Daniel Building closed due to 2-alarm fire

BIRMINGHAM, AL (WBRC) – An early morning fire has caused some trouble for employees working at the BBVA Compass Daniel Building.

Firefighters say they found smoke inside the building at 1:30 a.m. on Tuesday morning. Upon investigation, fire crews were able to target a faulty electrical panel as the origin point of the fire.

The fire knocked out electricity in the building and the basement was flooded when the sprinkler system was triggered by smoke.

Employees at the building are asked to not come to work on Tuesday. Security for the building says they will most likely turn away any employees who arrive for work. Managers will contact employees about returning to work at a later time.

Firefighter crews have called in emergency management to come remove the water from the flooded basement.

Copyright 2010 WBRC. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly