Yield: 1 SERVING
8 Each Jumbo Shrimp, Peeled and Deveined, Tail on
½ tsp. Blackening Spice or Cajun Seasoning
1 ½ Cups Bayou Sauce (Recipe Follows)
1 Cup Rice
1 Cup Sauteed Mixed Vegetables
- 1. Pre-heat sauté pan with oil, then season shrimp with Blackening Spice. Then place in pan and sauté until cooked halfway.
- 2. Add Bayou sauce and bring to a simmer. Reduce by ¼, making sure that the shrimp is cooked.
- 3. Serve shrimp with rice and sauteed mixed vegetables.
Yield: 4 CUPS
1 Cup Yellow Onion, rough chop 1"
2 Tbsp. Garlic, minced
¾ lb. Shrimp Heads and Shells
3 Tbsp. Cajun Seasoning
2 Cups Water
½ Cup Worcestershire Sauce
½ Cup Lemon Juice, Fresh
2 ½ Cups Heavy Cream
- 1. Pre-heat sauce pot with oil.
- 2. Add onions, garlic, shrimp heads and shells. Saute for 10-15 minutes or until it turns pink.
- 3. Add Cajun Seasoning and sauté for 2 minutes.
- 4. Add water, Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice and reduce by half.
- 5. Strain out shells and place back on stove and reduce by ¼.
- 6. Add heavy cream and simmer for 10-15 minutes until it has a creamy consistency.
- 7. Remove from heat, cool, store and refrigerate until ready to use.