Mediterranean Grilled Shrimp Skewers with Pasta
Makes: 4 servings
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
1 6-ounce jar marinated artichoke hearts
2 Tbsp. Best Yet olive oil
1 pound raw shrimp peeled and deviened
1 red bell pepper cut into pieces suitable for skewering
2 Tbsp. chopped garlic
Salt and Pepper to taste
1/4 cup Best Yet chicken broth
1/4 cup dry white wine
1 tsp. dried oregano, crushed
1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives
3 cups hot cooked Best Yet Penne pasta
1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese (optional)
- 1. Light grill and allow to heat to about a 400 degree temperature.
- 2. Drain artichoke hearts, reserving marinade and set aside. In a large bowl combine shrimp, olive oil, bell pepper and artichokes. Add salt. pepper and chopped garlic and mix until coated. Skewer on bamboo skewers which have been soaked in water for at least 15 minutes to prevent scorching. Alternate shrimp, pepper, artichoke on each skewer.
- 3. Place skewers on grill and cook for about 10 minutes. Shrimp should be opaque and veggies will have developed a char. Remove skewers from grill and set aside keeping warm.
- 4. In a large saute pan add the reserved artichoke marinade, broth, wine, and dried oregano. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, 10 minutes. Stir in olives and heat for additional minute.
- 5. To serve, make a bed of pasta on each plate. Remove shrimp and vegetables from skewers and place on top of pasta. Spoon broth mixture over top of pasta and shrimp and sprinkle with crumbled feta cheese. Serve immediately.
Noon Cooking - May 17, 2010