Grilled Tuna Tacos – 8 servings
1-1/2 lb (1&1/2" thick) Tuna steaks
1 tomato, diced
½ red onion, diced
1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
1 lime, juiced
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 14 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
8 corn tortillas
1 avocado, diced
1. Heat grill
2. In a bowl, combine tomato, onion, jalapeno, lime and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside
3. Brush tuna with oil. Grill fish about 3 minutes on each side until each side is seared, but red and cool in center. If using a two-sided tabletop grill cook only 3 minutes total. Remove from grill and set aside.
4. Heat beans in a saucepan over medium heat.
5. Meanwhile, wrap tortillas in a paper towel and microwave for 30 seconds, or place on grill 15 seconds per side.
6. Cut tuna into 1" chunks.
7. In a bowl, combine tuna with tomato mixture and avocado sprinkled with any remaining lime juice. Layer each warm tortilla with ¼ cup black beans and a portion of tuna salad.