3 Tbsp. Olive Oil
2 Cups Yellow Onion, Diced ¼"
½ tsp. Cumin, ground
1 tsp. Kosher Salt
1 tsp. Black Pepper, coarse ground
1 LB. Cream Cheese
1 ½ Cup Half-N-Half
1 LB. Mont. Jack Cheese, shredded
1 ¼ LB Frozen Spinach -Thawed, Squeezed, & Dry
¼ Cup Jalapenos, Canned & Diced 1/4"
3 Cups Roma Tomatoes – Fresh, Diced ½", Drained
As Needed Monterey Jack Cheese, Shredded
As Needed Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
AS Needed Jalapenos, Canned, sliced or diced
- 1. Preheat saucepot with oil.
- 2. Sauté onions and cumin for 10 minutes – Do not brown onions. Onions should be tender.
- 3. Add salt, pepper, cream cheese, and half-n-half – Simmer until cream cheese melts.
- 4. Fold in Jack mix until smooth.
- 5. Chill immediately. Do not use with dry mix until completely cooled.
- 1. Mix spinach and cheese sauce thoroughly. Wash and drain tomatoes completely, so not to bleed or run on sauce.
- 2. Fold in tomatoes and diced jalapenos.
- 1. Place spinach mixture in a deep dish. Mix enough shredded Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheese to cover the top.
- 2. Place in a 350 F oven and bake until cheese is fully melted.
- 3. Garnish with extra jalapenos, sliced or diced.
- 4. Can be served with corn chips or warm flour tortilla.