Thai Peanut Chicken
Simple and savory, this recipe can be made with pasta or rice. Try some hot and sour soup as the first course. I am not so sure your favorite take out restaurant is going to be as excited about this recipe as we are!
Serves: 4 Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes
½ cup crunchy peanut butter
1 pound boneless chicken (option: 1 ½ pounds of Shrimp peeled)
1 cup shredded carrots
1 bunch green onion chopped
¼ cup chicken broth
4 servings of Brown rice, white rice or Pasta of choice prepared according to package directions
1. In a small bowl, whisk together ¾ cup water and peanut butter. Set aside
2. In a large skillet heat ¼ cup olive oil over medium high heat. Add boneless chicken breast which has been cut into bite sized cubes. Cook for 3-4 minutes stirring to prevent scorching.
3. After chicken is cooked, transfer it to a plate.
4. In the skillet you have just used, add carrots and ½ cup of chopped green onions (use the white part here) cook for about 30 seconds.
5. Add peanut butter to mixture and stir.
6. Return chicken and any drippings on the plate to the pan and cook until all ingredients are heated and combined.
7. Season with 1/2 tsp Sea Salt and a few dashes of black pepper. If you like spice, add some crushed red pepper flakes or Sriracha sauce to taste.
8. Top with ¼ cup chopped green onion tops. Serve with rice. If you choose to make the pasta version, add the cooked noodles in at the same time you add the chicken.
Cooking at Noon - March 15, 2010