Beef Tenderloin with Maytag Blue Cheese
You will be a sweetheart for sure if you prepare this recipe for Valentine's Dinner! Start with the best beef and the best cheese from Bruno's. This recipe is proof that good ingredients need little done to them to make them taste delicious!
Serves 4 Prep time 15 minutes cook time 15 minutes
- 4 (1 1/2-inch-thick) beef tenderloin steaks
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, eyeball it
- Kosher or Sea Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 pound Maytag Blue Cheese. Roquefort or Gorgonzola will work deliciously too!
- 4 fresh sage leaves, thinly sliced
Let meat rest 10 minutes before beginning dinner preparation.
Place a large, flat griddle or skillet over high heat. When hot, using a pair of tongs and a folded paper towel, wipe cooking surface with oil and place steaks on hot pan. Caramelize the steaks, 2 minutes on each side. Reduce heat to moderate. Season meat with salt and pepper and cook 4 to 5 minutes longer on each side.
Preheat broiler to high.