CRISPY THAI SHRIMP
As Needed Oil for Frying
4 EACH Shrimp, peeled and deveined, tail-off (16-20 count size)
As Needed All Purpose Flour
As Needed Fry Batter
AS Needed Sweet Chili Sauce
1 Cup Nappa Cabbage, shredded, very thinly sliced
¼ Cup Carrots, julienne
2 tsp. Scallions, sliced 1/8 inch
½ tsp. Black and White Sesame Seeds, toasted
1. Pre-heat oil in sauce pot or table top deep fryer.
2. Dredge shrimp in flour and shake off excess.
3. Add shrimp to the batter and stir until coated. Remove the shrimp 1 at a time, allowing excess batter to drip back. Slip the shrimp into the 350 F fryer, making sure that they do not touch each other and stick together.
4. Fry until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Remove from oil and transfer the shrimp into a plate lined with paper towels to drain.
5. Using a small mixing bowl, toss in sweet chili Sauce and coat evenly.
1. Place squareplate on work surface positioned as a diamond.
6. Place cabbage mix on plate from 3 –9, left to right, slightly mounded in rectangle shape.
7. Arrange shrimp on top of the cabbage mix, spaced evenly.
8. Garnish with scallions.
8. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
1 ½ Cup Corn Starch
½ Cup All Purpose Flour
1 ¼ teaspoon Kosher Salt
1 ¼ Club Soda
1. In a large mixing bowl, stir together corn starch, flour and salt. Add the club soda and whisk until smooth. (Do not overbeat!)
2. Refrigerate covered until ready to use.