Enjoy this delicious meal with crab legs, pasta and peas all for under $10. Bon appetit...
- 3-½ lbs. Alaska Snow Crab clusters, thawed if necessary
- 8 oz. dried fettuccine
- 3 tbsp. melted butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup part skim ricotta cheese ( blend this with an immersion or hand blender until it is the consistency of sour cream)
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup milk or half and half
- 1 cup cooked peas
- Handful of mushrooms sliced. I like white or shiitake
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. Lemon juice
- 2 tsp. dried basil
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
Reserve 4 Alaska Snow Crab clusters to garnish plates.
Remove crabmeat from remaining crab clusters, set aside. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta and set aside. In a medium sized sauté pan heat 2 tbsp olive oil. Add butter and melt. Sautee' mushrooms and add garlic. Deglaze pan with a bit of wine or chicken stock. Add tomatoes and cook for about a minute. Lower heat and add ricotta and remaining ingredients. (not the remaining whole clusters) Add cleaned crabmeat at the very end and toss with pasta until thoroughly heated. Season to taste with salt and pepper.