Brothers help get residents to safety during fire - WBRC FOX6 News - Birmingham, AL

Brothers help get residents to safety during fire

BIRMINGHAM, AL (WBRC) - A fire at an apartment complex could have been much worse if it was not for a pair of concerned brothers.

It happened on Monday morning at the Stonehenge at Crestline Apartment Homes on Montclair Road. There was heavy smoke and one unit was heavily damaged.

A pair of brothers saw what was happening and knocked on doors around the complex to make sure everyone was out and okay.

 "I'm just glad I was here, me and my brother," said Greg Pettri, one of the brothers. "I'm sure they would have done it for me and my family, too."

Many elderly people live at this particular complex.

Pettri is an animal lover and says he was happy to see cats and dogs make it out okay.

Powered by Frankly