Reprinted with permission from Hoffman Media, LCC and Southern Lady magazine.
Makes about 3 1/2 quarts
1 (12-ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
4 cups pineapple juice
4 cups apple juice
2 (11.3-ounce) cans strawberry-banana-flavored nectar*
2 cups water
Garnish: cubed apple, cubed orange
1. In a large pitcher, combine orange juice concentrate, pineapple juice, apple juice, strawberry-banana nectar, and water, stirring to combine well. Cover, and chill. Serve chilled or over ice. Garnish with apples and oranges, if desired.
*For testing purposes, we used Jumex strawberry-banana nectar.
Santa's Spuds In A Blanket
Makes 4 dozen
1/4 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
2 teaspoons firmly packed dark brown sugar
12 slices bacon
48 extra-crispy tater tots*
1. Preheat oven to 425°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place a cooling rack on top of baking sheet.
2. In a small bowl, combine ketchup, barbecue sauce, and brown sugar. Brush both sides of bacon with ketchup mixture. Cut each slice of bacon in half crosswise and then in half lengthwise to make 4 pieces. Wrap each prepared piece of bacon around a tater tot and place, seam-side down, on rack. Brush tops of prepared tater tots with remaining ketchup mixture. Bake for 30 minutes, or until bacon is crisp.
*For testing purposes, we used Ore-Ida Extra Crispy Tater Tots.
Rudolph's Mini Chocolate Muffins
Makes 4 dozen
1/2 cup unsalted butter
6 (1-ounce) squares semisweet baking chocolate, chopped
1 3/4 cups self-rising flour
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup milk
1/2 cup sour cream
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Fluffy Peanut Butter Spread (recipe follows)
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Spray 2 (24-cup) mini muffin pans with nonstick baking spray with flour.
2. In a medium bowl, combine butter and chocolate. Microwave on High in 30-second intervals, stirring between each, until melted and smooth (about 11/2 minutes total).
3. In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, and cocoa.
4. In a separate bowl, combine milk, sour cream, egg, vanilla, and chocolate mixture, whisking until smooth. Add milk mixture to flour mixture, stirring until smooth. Spoon batter into prepared pans, filling about two-thirds full. Bake for 11 to 13 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes; remove from pans. Serve with Fluffy Peanut Butter Spread.
Fluffy Peanut Butter Spread
Makes about 2 cups
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup marshmallow crème
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
1. In a medium bowl, combine peanut butter, marshmallow crème, and butter. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Gradually add confectioners' sugar, beating to combine.
Good Day Cooking - December 14th, 2009