Lime Chicken Philly Sandwiches
Are you finding yourself in the mood for something hot and cheesy? This easy recipe will do the trick! You can use rotisserie chicken for a time saver.
Cathy Borden for Bruno's Supermarkets
nocoupons serves 4
- 2 ounces olive oil
- 1 cup julienned red onion
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno
- 1/2 cup roasted and julienned red bell pepper
- 1 rotisserie chicken meat removed and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves, plus more for garnish
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 5 ounces Provolone, grated
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 4 sourdough rolls, warmed
In a large sautee pan bring olive oil to medium heat. Add Onions and sautee until tender and translucent. Add red bell peppers and jalapenos,continue to cook until softened.
Add next 5 ingredients and stir until everything is warmed through about 3 minutes. Add cheeses, and stir until they begin to melt. Add lime juice at the end. Serve on toasted sub rolls or for bite sized sandwiches, use kings Hawaiian dinner rolls.